RESPONSIBILTY WITHIN ENVIRONMENTAL, ETHICAL AND SOCIAL ISSUES
Since 2015, KEY Relocation has had a comprehensive code of conduct which applies in all of the group’s companies. The aim of the code of conduct is for the group’s companies to have a common platform for CSR-related activities and to ensure that KEY Relocation’s responsibilities within environmental, ethical and social issues develop in a similar way. Clear corporate responsibility strengthens both competitiveness and our position as an attractive employer, at the same time as it promotes a healthy business culture.
CODE OF CONDUCT
KEY Relocation’s code of conduct is based on the 10 principles produced within the framework of the UN’s Global Compact. The code of conduct addresses human rights, labour law issues, the environment and anti-corruption. These areas cover the essential elements of the responsibilities that it is natural for all the group’s companies to take. The fundamental principles in the code of conduct are:
1. KEY Relocation supports and respects the protection of international human rights.
2. KEY Relocation is not involved in human rights violations.
3. KEY Relocation upholds freedom of association in accordance with local legislation and all employees are free to start or participate in trade union activities. KEY Relocation recognises the right to collective bargaining regarding employment conditions.
4. All forms of forced labour are prohibited and employees are entitled to terminate their employment according to local legislation or employment contracts.
5. KEY Relocation distances itself from all types of child labour. No person under the age of 15 shall be employed and in cases of particularly demanding tasks, the person must to be at least 18 years old.
6. All discrimination, regardless of ethnicity, skin colour, gender, religion, political opinion, national origin, social origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, membership of a trade union, and sexual orientation, shall be avoided in employment or exercise of an occupation. Physical or mental harassment is strictly forbidden.
7. KEY Relocation supports the precautionary principle in relation to environmental risks: ”Where there is a threat of serious or irreversible harm, lack of full scientific certainty may not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent environmental destruction”.
8. Innovative solutions that reduce environmental impact are encouraged and KEY Relocation actively takes the initiative to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9. KEY Relocation encourages development and dissemination of environmentally-friendly technology. Sustainable development is a key word and KEY Relocation works with environmental issues on the basis of a preventive perspective.
KEY Relocation Environmental Policy
10. KEY Relocation works against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery, and is also proactive in developing strategies and concrete programmes to address corruption both internally and in the group’s supply chains.
ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE CSR AREA
Every year, the group’s companies perform at least 1 CSR-related activity that is followed up in the board and the management team.
The group endeavours to achieve an open business climate with a high level of business ethics and employees have a key role in addressing any deviations from the group’s values and guidelines in relation to business ethics. KEY Relocation’s whistle-blower function enables suspicions of irregularities to be reported, which is important in promoting a high level of business ethics.
Issues related to the environment are addressed within KEY Relocation’s code of conduct. The code encourages activities which lead to the development of environmental responsibility and preventive measures in order to prioritise environmentally-friendly solutions. The areas at KEY Relocation that have the greatest environmental impact are transportation, travel and heating of premises. KEY Relocation has always endeavoured to find the most environmentally optimal solutions and to support development initiatives within these areas